Monday 24 September 2012

Darkness, Kindled News and Book Trailer

Dear awesome people, My life has been pretty chaotic lately. That's not to say yours hasn't. I'm just letting you know I can sympathize with a chaotic life :p Since the success of  my adult contemporary romance novel 'On Dublin Street' I've been well... overwhelmed. And in amongst all that overwhelmingness (<---- she is a writer, right?) I've been attempting to write and complete Darkness, Kindled, book four in the Fire Spirits series. Something happened. Again.  You see, when I started the Fire Spirits series I had pages and pages of notes and sticky notes and research and plans, and plans, and plans... I mapped out a six book series, which after the release of the first two books, I shrunk to a five book series that made more sense. The reason I mapped the book series out from the beginning is because it's a pretty complicated series and things unfurl throughout it and then piece themselves together like little puzzle pieces. No way I can finish a puzzle if I don't have those first pivotal pieces. Hence the mapping from the beginning. That's not to say it always works out the way you plan it. For instance... like now.  I started writing Darkness, Kindled and it quickly became clear that the rest of Ari's story was going to be spread too thin over two more books. Not only that but it was going to end in a weird place at the end of book four. Stopping places should feel natural, not forced by the writer, and the ending just didn't work. The bad news then is that DK will be the last book in the Fire Spirits series. The good news is that it will be epic, possibly the longest book I've ever written, and so full of action and drama you'll probably never get a chance to breathe until the end! :D Changing the length of the series has caused a number of rewrites so it almost feels like going back to the beginning on this one. Not to worry, I am working my little (okay, somewhat voluptuous) booty off to get DK released for the original Nov 23rd release date. Wish me luck! So with that in mind, here's the book trailer to the epic conclusion of the Fire Spirits series...
Sam x

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG Samantha! I just saw the trailer and I literally screamed! It looks and sounds so epic that I got goosebumps all over. This is one of my favorite series of all time and your book trailers never fail to meet expectations. Your such an amazing writer. Did you know that :)? You should definitely know that I will read all the books your genius, creative mind creates as I am now a Sam X loyal fan!

Samantha Young said...

Mariela, thank you so much! Yay *happy dance* So pleased you're enjoying the series so much and looking forward to the finale :D

Thanks for your awesome words.

Sam xx

Horsey said...

SQUEE! That was so epic! I'm even more excited now! If that's even humanly possible!

Eunice said...

I stumbled onto your Fire Spirits series and I AM HOOKED! I became lost in the story and I seriously can not wait for Book 4 and plan to read EVERYTHING you've written!

Tamara said...

OMG! I read all three books in 2 days! I could not put them down, and now that I have finished the 3rd one I simply cant wait for Darkness Kindled!! I hope they end up making a movie out this series, it is sooo good!!